Friday, August 5, 2011

My time in Master's and how I LOVED IT!

I know I already talked about Masters Commission and how I ended up going in a previous post. But I just wanted to share of how those 9 months shaped me and changed me.


                (The night of our COVENANT SERVICE. All our Covenant Rings:)


Many people questioned my decision of going to master's especially since it was in my hometown. They told me to leave and experience the "world" ( hello people, I lived in Fort Dirty (dodge)  for a year =)...Or they said that It would ruin my relationships with people around here(that didn't happen either:)..I didn't go to FLOYD MC because it was "safe" for me.

I went because I KNEW it was where God wanted me to be.

You see, I had gone MONTHS without peace and the moment I said "I'm going."

I had peace.

I'll never forget the first Monday morning of Master's and we had concert of prayer.I was standing in the sanctuary and again there was the SWEET ABIDING PEACE!

From the beginning I knew how bad I wanted this. I knew that I wanted to dedicate those months to God and just focus TOTALLY on Him. I left a full time job with financial security and gave it to God. 
I knew it wasn't gonna be easy and that I would have hard times. But If I really applied myself to it, and gave ALL of me that God would see me through. and those months would REDEFINE me.

and that's what happen.

I experienced God in a whole new way.
and I was stretched in ways I didn't know was possible AND I got to travel&&go places I had never been and that INCLUDED TEXAS!

In Texas we went to Master's Conference and there were Master's Commissions from all over!

That's where I FELL in LOVE with Master's!

It wasn't JUST Floyd master's anymore. We weren't alone.


                                         ( Us with another Master's Team:)


We saw HUNDREDS of MC students doing the SAME thing we were. They had the SAME heart and SAME goal!


 After Conference we stayed in Fort Worth for a couple days and did a service for a youth group.

and I will never forget that service because that was the service that my love for the ministry changed. I knew its what I wanted to do. I had this passion burning inside me. and I'm still not exactly sure what I want to do in the ministry but I know I'm supposed to do something with it and God will show me:)


                      (Some PRECIOUS kids from the youth group in Texas)


During those months God was always doing something in my life. But I had to be willing for Him to work in me. .Everyday I had to get before Him and say "Whatever is in me that doesn't bring You glory, Change in me. " and He was always faithful.

Master's wasn't ALL easy. There were hard days. Days where I wanted to just go home an lay in bed. Days where I wanted to be able to do whatever I wanted. Nights where I wanted to stay out until midnight but since I had a curfew I couldn't.  There were times where we got assignments and they seemed IMPOSSIBLE to complete but once we applied ourselves we got them done :) YES, we had to go and do hard work But those were just little things that shaped us. IT WAS SO GOOD FOR ME!

OVERALL:
...Those 9 months were incredible....SO AMAZING!!

and I thank God that He gave me the desire to stay strong and not to give up or break the rules (except of course over sleeping a couple times:)

     (SLEEP is something you take advantage of in master's..Just don't get discipline because of it:)


He is so faithful and good and if I had to do my first year all over again..I would because my life was changed in the best way possible. . I mean, Seriously think about it..How could I not want to serve Him and do it all over again?!

Okay.. Actually...Speaking of doing it all over again...I should just throw out there that I will be going back to Floyd Master's Commission this fall as a SECOND YEAR!.. I'm so excited and cant wait to see all that God is gonna continue to do and to change me even more for HIS GLORY! :) 


                                        ( FLOYD: MC Team from the 2010/2011)


Life is lovely in Iowa and Master's, 
brittany 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment