I pray this NEVER happens again because this SERIOUSLY is the BEST time of the year.
YES! It beats Christmas and 4th of July! and that's saying a lot because those are my TWO FAVORITE HOLIDAYS! But there is nothing like this... and that is:
The ROGERS FAMILY REUNION
- This is my mom's side of the family.
- She has a BIG family.
- 12 siblings.
- 13 kids including her.
- My grandma was pregnant 9.75 years of her life.
- I have A LOT of cousins.
- I stop counting after 40.
- Our family is still growing.
I'm blessed to know my family. To know my cousins and to have that many cousins.
I admire my aunts&uncles&cousins for always making an effort to bring their family to the reunions. (this year some of you are going be in trouble for not coming...but we will talk later) :)
Things I love.
- The Humid/Hot weather everyone puts up with when coming to Iowa.
- The green grass that my cousins from the "dry states" can admire.
- The bonfires.
- The sound of my aunt's singing.
- The SAME memories we reminisce about every year.
- The NEW memories we make every year.
- The talent shows we have.
- The canoe trips down the river.
- The late night talks.
- Our night games ----> CAPTURE the FLAG!
- The fact that we are in our 20's & 30's and still play night games.
- The bond between us. How you can go months without talking..& then pick up where you left off.
*I APOLOGIZE for the photo's below. Some are really blurry. But its mainly just to give you an IDEA of what some things are like:) && to my family that read this- I'm sorry if you are not in any of the pictures. I only could find a couple that would work! But know that I love you SO MUCH!
My Mom with all her siblings&mom at my Aunt Ann's wedding in 1995
My girl cousins JAMMED into Brook's room (some not pictured)...doing hair & watching Anne of Green Gables!
*this is what I meant by blurry!*
Not everyone is in this photo..& we have added quite a few since then:)
My Grandma and her children
a "few" of my COUSINS =)
*The Next 3 pictures below are of some of my cousins!
Well, this is all I have for now. I will be blogging this next week about this weekend's
2011 ROGERS FAMILY REUNION!
I Wish all of you that couldn't make it were here with us RIGHT NOW!
I love you & I'm so proud to be apart of your family.<3
P.S. you ALL better COME NEXT YEAR...No EXCUSES! ;)