Thursday, September 1, 2011

Are we close enough friends for you to read about my love life?

First of all, this title is wrong in THREE ways. 1. You are a close enough friend.  2. I dont have a LOVE life. 3. I didn't know what to make this title and this is all I could think of.

so now that is all cleared up-

"Do you have a boyfriend yet?" is the question I hear at least once a week from my clients as I cut their hair.  

My first year in Master's was the easiest way to explain to people. "I'm in a nine month discipleship. We aren't allowed to date this year. " -End.Of.Conversation.- Unless of course the person was shocked that there are actually people that do things like this...and then they would ask lots of questions.

Yesterday I turned the big 2-3. So I should be dating someone or getting married soon.... I mean, people did throw the YET in there when they asked if I had a boyfriend!


 I started to feel like I needed a boyfriend. Ridiculous?! Yes!

and its so easy to feel that way because today in our society we think we need to have a relationship with the opposite sex to make us feel important or loved. We have sugar coated it and try to make relationships look like its the only way you are gonna be happy. We have a mixed up view of what LOVE is.

We watch love movies, read books, and begin to fantasize what we want or compare with the relationship we are in. Unless its of God.. we will never be completely satisfied. We can try and say its of God but lets be honest- God is not UNSTABLE and doesn't make LOVE complicated and difficult. True love comes from God. Love is Pure. Love is SIMPLE.


* * * *


1 Corinthians 7:35 says "I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible."

I LOVE how God gives us exactly what we need when we NEED it!


That last part, Serve the Lord with as few distractions as possible-it HIT me. Am I living a life with few distractions?! Sometimes I get SO WRAPPED up in where I'm at and with the question, "Do you have a boyfriend yet?" If I had one at this time...it would be a distraction because I know for this season in my life, God has made clear to me that I am supposed to be single and to SERVE GOD with my whole heart. I'm in masters for my second year and I have been given certain responsibilities and I know I can't have those distractions. and when its God's timing it will happen. :)

Someone asked me what my type was and if I was at least looking for "him"... NO! I'm not going on some man hunt! I have laid down the "type" thing. because God already has the man I'm going to marry picked out. God knows the desires of my heart and I trust him COMPLETELY!



So what God is dealing with me on? To let go of distractions and to use my singleness for his GLORY.

Living the Lovely Single life in Iowa,
Brittany




2 comments:

  1. OMG! That is adorable!!!!! :)

    JUST. LIKE. YOU!


    :) :) You know you loved my voice..... while reading this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Britt!!!!! I always think of your blog post about how much you love living here... and we GO to the big city to shop.. and it's exciting! Thought of it the whole time I was in Chicago. I couldn't agree with you more!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete