Thursday, March 7, 2013

When you KNOW God- You don't stay the same.

Go to church.
Feel convicted.
Live off the sermon for the few days.
Go back to the same old life. 


This happens time after time. 

I lived my life like this for years and you know what?  I liked to feel convicted. That way I could feel like God was doing something in me. 

 I didn't know how to change or how to live a freed life and the bottom line... I was just too LAZY. 

I was raised in a christian home. Grew up in the church (3 days a week) Went to a private christian school. I could tell you every bible story, I could sing to you every bible club song. I didn't drink. I didn't cuss. I didn't smoke. I was a good girl. 

But yet I felt so empty.  

I tried to feel that void by whatever the world had to offer me and nothing changed. 

I think so many christians feel this way and don't really know how to change. 
They feel alone and think the rest of the church is judging them because they don't have the perfect christian life. 

well here is a secret... 
NO ONE has the perfect christian life. We are all sinners. We all need Jesus the same amount. But some people do whatever it takes to get to Jesus and lay aside laziness, and the lies satan throws at them. 

But others walk in apathy and go through the motions. 

Just showing up for church, singing some worship songs, listening to a sermon and then running to the alter isn't  going to be enough for you. 

We are broken people. We have hurts. We have pains that we have carried for years. and we think it's normal to walk a life in defeat. 

We go to church just to check it off our list. . . and we read the bible to comfort us because of the hard times we are going through and maybe throughout the week we will put a status on facebook about God and maybe we aren't doing anything "bad".


But thing you need to understand is His love! Because that's what changes us. 
He died on the cross because He LOVED us. So we could spend eternity with Him.  

Once you start to walk in His unfailing love and FALL IN LOVE with Jesus, you WON'T be able to stay the same. 



I think back to my life. I had such hurt and pain. I walked in insecurity and didn't feel worth anything. I was bound by lies and went through all the motions of the christian life. 
I took everything I was given for granted.

Yes, I had a good life. But a good life isn't enough and it won't satisfy you. 

but Jesus is enough. 


I just want to encourage you to do all you can to get to Him. It's a DAILY THING.

Set aside time for prayer EVERY DAY ( How awesome is it that we get to spend time with the Creator of the Universe?!?)  and we can KNOW HIM!!

Read your Bible! Fall in love with Him!! 

The more we learn about God and fall in love with Him, we understand who HE IS. Why HE created us and who we are in HIM. 


I'm free. I'm restored. I'm whole. I'm redeemed. I'm His. 

and no, I'm not perfect. But my Jesus is and I want to stay as close as I can to Him. 

I pray for each one of you that read this and that God really starts to stir in you a new desire, a new passion for Him. That you don't just go through the motions, but you FALL IN LOVE with Him. That you experience His unfailing love. and that you will be used of Him- to show OTHERS His LOVE! 

Be blessed today and remember- You're loved!!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment