Monday, July 11, 2011

Here's my life, Lord...Consume me!

A few months back during morning prayer for Master's.... a question was laid upon my heart "What if we were ALL consumed with God?"...

what does CONSUME mean?  
to engross or obsess
to use up; expend:


This hit me so hard and became such a burden to me. . I had to just sit down and ponder this question and the potential it held and as I began to think about this,  I was overcome with weeping..because how many times do we come to this spot where we want to be this way.....where we desire to give God all that we have?...we want to walk in holiness....but then we SO EASILY go the other way and give into what Satan puts in front of us.

 When I read  "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind"......It was so easy for me to think "I went to Master's and gave up 9 months of my life just to pursue after God. OF COURSE I LOVE HIM WITH ALL MY HEART!".... I can tell myself that.. but how is my life really looking?  I need to daily ask God...."what is apart of me that is taking your place? and HE IS FAITHFUL to show us...He continues to bring things to the surface that are in my life and I am like.. WHAT?! that's still apart of me? yep..there are so many things that are so easily apart of us and we go day by day living with these things and not knowing that we are easily consumed by them. 

So many times we just want to be the comfortable Christian...who loves God with "ALL" their heart.. but in all reality....our sin says otherwise.

As we were made in the image of God, we were also made in the likeness of His character. The Lord said, "Be holy, as I am holy". "Be imitators of God". "... For God is love and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God". God does not merely want us to be casual observers of his character but partakers. He desires for us to be consumed by Him. He wants ALL of us!...He wants our HEART! He wants our LOVE.


 As much as I want to say that I'm Consumed with ALL of God... I'm far from it.. and here I am..on a journey..because I do long to be consumed with Him. and I want to encourage you to join me:).. JUST THINK- What if we were ALL consumed with God? What would our lives look like? what would our church look like? what would our community look like?...what would our Nation look like? and what about our world. :)

5 comments:

  1. GREAT post, Brit!!!!!!! can't wait to fellowship in the Lord with you tonight!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was absolutely amazing to read. Love you :) I'm very happy you're in my life. And you are right, God IS amazing!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good, Brittany!

    ReplyDelete