Saturday, July 16, 2011

a Blog for my "ROGERS" FAMILY:)

    It's that time of the year again and we've been doing this for as long as I can remember and it never gets old.  But, I think this year it may be a little bit different because not as many people are coming and my heart is breaking! && I'm missing everyone that couldn't come.

    I pray this NEVER happens again because this SERIOUSLY is the BEST time of the year. 

  YES! It beats Christmas and 4th of July! and that's saying a lot because those are my TWO FAVORITE HOLIDAYS! But there is nothing like this... and that is:

The ROGERS FAMILY REUNION
  
FACTS:
  • This is my mom's side of the family. 
  • She has a BIG family.     
  • 12 siblings. 
  • 13 kids including her.
  • My grandma was pregnant 9.75 years of her life. 
  • I have A LOT of cousins. 
  • I stop counting after 40. 
  • Our family is still growing. 
---------------------------------------------
I'm blessed to know my family. To know my cousins and to have that many cousins. 
I admire my aunts&uncles&cousins for always making an effort to bring their family to the reunions. (this year some of you are going be in trouble for not coming...but we will talk later) :)
 Things I love.
  • The Humid/Hot weather everyone puts up with when coming to Iowa. 
  • The green grass that my cousins from the "dry states" can admire. 
  •  The bonfires. 
  • The sound of my aunt's singing.
  • The SAME memories we reminisce about every year.
  • The NEW memories we make every year. 
  • The talent shows we have. 
  • The canoe trips down the river.
  • The late night talks.
  • Our night games ----> CAPTURE the FLAG!
  • The fact that we are in our 20's & 30's and still play night games.
  • The bond between us. How you can go months without talking..& then pick up where you left off.
     

    *I APOLOGIZE for the photo's below. Some are really blurry. But its mainly just to give you an IDEA of what some things are like:) && to my family that read this- I'm sorry if you are not in any of the pictures. I only could find a couple that would work! But know that I love you SO MUCH!

    My Grandma Rogers. The Lady who started it all =)



    My Mom with all her siblings&mom at my Aunt Ann's wedding in 1995



                 
    My girl cousins JAMMED into Brook's room (some not pictured)...doing hair & watching Anne of Green Gables!

    *this is what I meant by blurry!* 
    Not everyone is in this photo..& we have added quite a few since then:)


    My Grandma and her children

    a "few" of my COUSINS =)

    *The Next 3 pictures below are of some of my cousins!



                                                                                   



                                                                                  






    <3

    Well, this is all I have for now. I will be blogging this next week about this weekend's
    2011 ROGERS FAMILY REUNION!
    I Wish all of you that couldn't make it were here with us RIGHT NOW!
     I love you & I'm so proud to be apart of your family.<3
    P.S. you ALL better COME NEXT YEAR...No EXCUSES! ;)








    1 comment: