Friday, July 15, 2011

Refreshing comes from the presence of the Lord.




     Some days I look at my white legs and think "I need to get in sun and get a tan!" So, I go outside and as I  SOAK up the sun, I think " I'm GONNA HAVE A TAN!"  It's lame..but that's just how it goes:)

 Some days I look at my life {the things inside me that aren't pretty} and I know I need to get in the presence of God. So, I turn on my worship music, and begin to cry out to God..I pray that He will do work in me. That I will be changed and that the un-LOVELY things that are in my life, will be dealt with.

Just like me soaking up the sun to get a tan does work, so does soaking in the presence of God to be changed & to grow closer to Him.

So many times we view God as this FAR OFF GOD- and we haven't experienced the LOVE He has for us. or the Power He has. We don't trust Him with our lives. or have too much of ourselves to surrender to him ----> {pride}.  We just live a life of religion where we just wanna go through the motion's but don't want to change. If you want change...you need a RELATIONSHIP with God.

So I ENCOURAGE you --> Get to God....Put on some praise&worship music. Pray. Seek Him. Read your Bible. He will take you as you are and you never have to be the SAME- He CHANGES lives...He Changed Me. . <3




"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord." Acts 3:19



2 comments: